Ladybug Secrets

Ladybug Secrets:
Don't let the small stuff bug you. And Spot new opportunities.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In My Arms

I was listening to the song by Plumb, In My Arms, on the radio today.  If you have heard the song, she is singing, I assume, about her child.  How she will hold her child and keep it safe even through the worst storms of life.  I have always thought this was a pretty song, but today I realized how untrue it is.  As much as we want to, we can't wrap our children up and keep them safe from all of life's storms.  I saw this very clearly over the past 2 weeks.

Even though I know that I can never protect my children completely from harm, I have peace knowing that God has them in His arms.  I may not always choose the path he has chosen for them, but trust that he will get us through it.  This is not easy.  We tend to think we know what is best.

Watching and listening to Brooke, I am reminded how strong he makes us.  The other morning I asked her if she wanted to put on a hat.  She said, "Why mommy, do you want me to wear it?"  Part of me wanted to tell her yes because people might stare at her head and make her sad.  But I said, "No, only if you want to."  It does not bother her if people look.  One lady told Brooke, "Oh I just feel so sorry for you."  Brooke looked at her so strangely, as if to say, "Why?"

Brooke overheard e telling someone about her future surgery.  She asked me later if she needed another surgery.  I told her yes.  I thought she might run away screaming.  Instead, she looked at me and said, "ok."  What???  You are ok with this?  I am so thankful for the strength God has given her!

No comments:

Post a Comment