Ladybug Secrets

Ladybug Secrets:
Don't let the small stuff bug you. And Spot new opportunities.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let's Go Fly a Kite

A little known fact about me is my favorite actor is Dick Van Dyke.  In fact if there was one living person I could meet, it would be him.  Many of you probably are thinking, Hmmm!?  But I love his old movies and tv shows.  Not only does he make the normal magical(Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang), he can make regular life funny.  And most days, I need that.  It is good and wonderful to find humor and mystery in life.

Since we have been home, life has been forced back into normal.  No break, no breather.  I was so thankful to have Sunday off, and such an amazing group of friends who covered for me at work.  But later on Sunday...even with the nastiest of colds, I had to run out for groceries.  It was a beautiful, kite flying day.  And as I passed a park, there was a family flying a kite.  I watched them with jealousy in my heart.  Why did it always seem life was in crisis mode at the our home?

Sometimes I feel like I barely recover from one thing before being thrown back into another.  I drove with tears in my eyes thinking about all the "stuff" that needed done.  Of course regular everyday things.  But my mind wandered off to another situation we had thrown at us last week(I can't go into detail).  Then I thought about Amy, and how much we love her, but how hard it is for her to come to our house to stay. Then I began to think about our house and how we have to figure out what to do about the foundation and many other things happening to it.  And my mind wandered to Brooke and her new symptoms. 

I wanted more than anything to just take my family and go fly that kite.  To let all those worries go.  That night I sat at the dinner table with my husband and children.  I realized how fortunate we are to have a home, an income, and a family.  It is not easy and it is not always happy.  But sitting there with my family it is amazing!  We may not always have tea parties on the ceiling or a car that takes us to magical places, but we manage to find a smile amongst the chaos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment