Ladybug Secrets

Ladybug Secrets:
Don't let the small stuff bug you. And Spot new opportunities.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas from the Crown Fam!

Our Christmas letter used to be something I mailed out with a photo of the kids.  For the past few years, I have only blogged about our year in review.  I was thinking the other day how the letter used to be such an excitement to Tim's granny.  I would take the letter down to her.  She would hold the envelope close to her and say, "Oh I can't wait to read this later, with a nice cup of tea!"  Since she has passed away, I have not written another letter.  Not really for that reason, but I know how special it was to her.  I thought 2010 and 2011 were quite the years for the Crown Fam!  Well 2012 proved to be quite interesting!  And to be honest, we are ready to start fresh in 2013!



Tim and I still cringe as we think about moving out of our house in Athens!  We still are so thankful to our friends Beth and John!  Without them, it would of been just Tim and I packing up that house!  And what a blessing to have a crew of men from Faith Bible Church unpack the truck here right after a huge snowstorm!  We have sat on pins and needles over the past year as we thought we lost our house, then saved it, then lost again, then maybe saved, back to lost, and finally...Saved!!  What a blessing to know in 2013 we can stay here!  Even with its falling down walls, and crazy other problems, it is home! 

Thankfully, Tim still has a job!  We are so blessed!  Although the hours and the drive are hard, we are thankful! With the year I had, we needed a stable job for Tim.  After months of pain, and then surgery, and then healing....I finally feel that I am back to my old self.  I am so excited to feel half-way normal again.  Of course EDS is always going to be a part of my life.  But now I know what is going on, and can work with it. 

The kids are doing great!!! Aidan is in 3rd grade.  He loves to learn about insects, math, and the presidents.  He is starting Basketball in January.  He also loves to swim.  Aidan still has a passion for food!  He loves to cook and create his own recipes.  His lifetime goal is join the army and be a chef!  I love his sweet heart, and great love for others! 



Brooke is doing amazing!!! We found out in the Spring that her neck is slowly healing.  We are hoping for more good news this Spring.  She is waiting for her beloved Dr. B to say she can take ballet.  For now, she is going to be in Cheer leading.  No worries...the cheer leading is very low key, and she can go at her own pace.  Brooke also loves to swim.  She spends so much of her time designing dresses in her notebooks.  I am amazed how creative she is!



Chandler....what can I say....he makes us laugh all the time!  He is definately the life of the party here at our home!  Chan keeps us busy and loves to talk!  He is very into Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder, and Cars.  He can name almost every engine from Thomas. 



We have been so blessed by so many over this past year!!!  We can't say enough how thankful we are!! I have not sent out enough thank you cards, and I am sorry!  Please know that we are so thankful and our hearts just overflow with love!  We have also had some pretty incredible moments!  We are so thankful to Wishes Can Happen!!! They sent us on a wonderful trip to Chicago!  Brooke had a shopping spree at American Girl, and we had an awesome time at Shedd Aquarium.  Brooke was also a flower girl in my cousin Kim's wedding!  She looked so cute and was over the moon to be all dressed up! 

I am really excited about some changes that will be happening to this blog in the new year!  Since it has become more about our family journey, the name will be changing.  It has been on my heart for awhile to add a few others things to the blog.  We have met so many amazing families who are living with Chiari and EDS.  I would like to have some of these families guest blog on our site.  Ever since I can remember I have been inspired by strong, capable women.  So many of these women never get to tell their story.  In the new year, I would love to have women who have inspired me guest blog.  We all have such a special story to share, and I am excited to continue to tell ours while sharing others. 

During this Christmas we pray for all the families who have lost over the past year.  We pray for all those who are seeking comfort, and love.  For us, no matter how hard it gets, Christmas is a time of Hope and Joy!  This is our pray for so many others!!!
Merry Christmas From the Crown Fam!
Tim, Melinda, Aidan, Brooke and Chandler too!

No comments:

Post a Comment