Ladybug Secrets

Ladybug Secrets:
Don't let the small stuff bug you. And Spot new opportunities.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

healing and healthy

aaahhh....there that is my long sigh of relief!  I feel better now than I have felt in ages!  Honestly, I never really thought I would feel this good again.  No I did not drink the miracle cure, but I am healthy again, and my body is healing.  What is even better.. I am laughing, I see joy and hope ahead! 

A few years ago our family began on a journey to change the way we eat.  It mainly started because my poor hubby was very sick.  He could barely eat, and when he did he had a hard time keeping anything down.  We went to doctor after doctor.  They all said the same thing, "We have no idea."  Then a friend's hubby had similar symptoms, and he was getting great results from changing his eating habits.  I started reading more about eating raw foods, and our fam jumped on the "bandwagon".  But not wholeheartedly.  We changed many things.  We started consuming fresher dairy, meats, and veggies.  We cut most of the grains from our diet and the ones we did eat I would soak.  We noticed a huge difference in health.  Tim started feeling so much better.  Aidan's asthma completely cleared up.  Chandler was the only one of our kids who did not have recurring ear infections and need tubes.  Coincidence?  Possibly, but I knew that what we were doing was helping.  Over time though it became very hard with surgeries, moves, job loss.  We stuck with some things, and others we went back to our old ways. 

After all of my medicine issues I decided it was time to take this to the next level.  To be really honest, I am sick and tired or being sick and tired!  I know food will not cure a brain malformation, or make my connective tissue less stretchy, but it sure can help my mood, attitude, and numerous other things.  I have been very strict now eating for 2 weeks now.  For those who are familiar, I am eating a fairly Weston Price diet.  I have fermenting veggies on my counter and in my fridge.  I have grains being soaked.  And it seems like I am roasting a chicken every time I turn around.  The good news is my body is healing! I am on zero pain meds!  I have only taken advil a few times in the past 2 weeks.  I am only on 2 meds now- my heart med, and a muscle relaxer.  The muscle relaxer I am using less and less.  And I plan on talking to my doc about weening me off the heart med because with the food I am able to maintain my blood pressure. 

I still am struggling with sleep.  But to be honest I have never slept much.  I am also struggling with being grouchy.  But to be honest I am a home schooling mama of 3 who is trying to be a pioneer woman.  And my neck still hurts at times, and my joints still pop out a lot.  But I keep lots of rice packs in freezer, and allow myself resting time.  And the pay off....a clear, focused mind!  A mama who is super excited to be teaching her kiddos!  And a body that does not feel like it is being drug around. 

I am so thankful for my sweet friend, brother, and sis-in-law who have been my cheerleaders through this!  They send me encouraging texts and messages to help me through.  You might think this is easy, and let me say it is not!!!! Changing your eating habits this drastically and dropping some of the meds I was on was a huge challenge, but so worth it!  I know this is not for everyone, and for some may not help.  But for me it has been a huge blessing!  I am so thankful to all of you who continue to lift our family up in prayer.  What a blessing to see how God has provided just what we need- food, docs, and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment