Ladybug Secrets

Ladybug Secrets:
Don't let the small stuff bug you. And Spot new opportunities.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

For the Birds

We have this bush in our current backyard.  It is nothing to really get excited about.  As a bush goes, I suppose it is nice.   It is large and round, have no idea what kind of bush.  But I like it.  The backyard at this house is small, and I can actually see into my back door neighbor's house.  I can also see the large Indian Mound from the kitchen window too, which now just kind of gives me the creeps. (sorry)  So I like this bush.  It is pleasant to look at while doing the dishes and normally has some sort of bird perched in the branches.  Our very sweet next door neighbor likes to feed these birds.  I am always intrigued to look out and see what kind of bird will be perched in this bush.  We have seen robins, blue jays, sparrows, and cardinals.  So the other morning, there was a light dusting of snow on the ground.  I looked out at the bush, and there were 5 male cardinals and 5 females!  The bush was lit up in red, it was beautiful!!  I called the kids in and we stared and talked about all those birds in that bush!  The next day there were 3 cardinal pairs, and a blue jay.  I marveled out how lovely it was.  I know this sounds silly, but it truly was beautiful to see.  I stood at my back door snapping pics (which all turned out very poorly).  And I realized there truly is beauty all around.

As we prepare to move tomorrow, for the 2nd time in 4 months, I realize how beautiful my life is.  Just like my current backyard, I can feel cramped and small in my life.  Things can seem to overwhelm me and make my head simply spin.  Sometimes my life can feel out of place and confusing, like an Indian Mound in a neighborhood.  But many times I see my surroundings and am blessed.  Like the bush in the back yard, my old home (the one we are moving back to) is shelter, and safe.  It is by far not fancy, and many times lets the dirt in.  But if you catch it at the right moment, it glows...with love, with open arms, and with a cozy feeling telling you it is home.  I am glad to be going home, to be snuggling in with my family and praying for those illuminate moments to share!

Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Matthew 6:26

No comments:

Post a Comment