Ladybug Secrets

Ladybug Secrets:
Don't let the small stuff bug you. And Spot new opportunities.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Girl

This little blog will be about Brooke's journey.  Each day she wakes up, I am blessed to call her my lovely little ladybug!  A daughter is such a special gift.  A small reflection of yourself.  And some days a reminder of a simpler time.  In Brooke's case, there is nothing simple about her.  She is a free spirit, someone who throws the rules out the window.  I am reminded of her independence, as Brooke parades through a store wearing her "Fancy Nancy" skirt over jeans, walking in patent dress shoes with toes scuffed from climbing, and hair with mismatched headbands and barrettes.  She is quick to smile, but just as quick to offer an indignant look with hands on hips.  Brooke is just perfectly suited with this personality!  She is a strong willed girl who has to tackle a horrible disease.  And she will do it with paper crowns and plastic high heeled shoes!  

For those of you who do not know what Chiari is, then here is a quick update...Chiari I Malformation is when the Cerebellar Tonsils have dropped out of the skull cavity.  This can lead to terrible headaches, dizziness, body aches, poor balance and a multitude of other symptoms.  I am amazed at how many people suffer in silence from Chiari.  I only heard about it 2 1/2 years ago.  I want more people to understand this disease.  I want more funding so that more doctors understand this disease.  We went to 2 different neurosurgeons, and I knew more about it than they did!  Take a minute and check out our links page.  These links are both good resources.  

Brooke's journey with Chiari began when she was almost 2.  And will hopefully find a happier ending this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment