Ladybug Secrets

Ladybug Secrets:
Don't let the small stuff bug you. And Spot new opportunities.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Ok so I keep telling everyone that we are leaving NY tomorrow.  Truth be told the doc has not told us this is ok yet.  But I really feel that it is time to go home.  So I am gonna put my faith in this.  Brooke is doing really well.  In fact, in the morning you would think she never even had surgery.  By late afternoon and evening, she is wiped out.  She looks good, although she has lost some weight.  Her head still has fluid, but I am confident they can drain this and remove staples.  Her UTI is getting better.  With all this good, home has to be at the end of the road. 

I am so thankful for the quick recovery that she has had.  I am so thankful for all the prayers that have carried us through this first journey we are on with her.  When I think that this is just a bump in our road, I grow slightly weary.  But I know that we are on the right road. 

In case you do not know about some of things people are doing for Brooke, please check out the ways to help page.  We have some awesome people planning events for Brooke.  We have been blessed to have help with so much.  But the medical costs and the cost of living away from home are overwhelming.  I hate talking about money.  I hate even more asking for prayer about money.  I am so fortunate to have a roof of any kind over my head, and a family that loves each other under it.  That should be enough.  Unfortunately, the bills have to be paid, and baked goods do not work as payment.  I have tried. :) 

I pray my next post is in OHIO!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Praying hard you are coming home today!!!! You were one of my first thoughts. LOVE. Monica www.teamdanica.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there going to be a basket/prize raffle at the Chickfila night or the benefit dinner? If so, can I donate something? If not, can I organize something?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Beth there will be raffle baskets. Mel Flory is working on this event. She would probably like help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, thanks, I'll contact her! :)

    ReplyDelete