Ladybug Secrets

Ladybug Secrets:
Don't let the small stuff bug you. And Spot new opportunities.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Day in the Life...

Most of you know I tend to live just on this side of crazy.  I have been trying to live a little closer to sane, but it never goes well for me.  Mom tries to convince me it is in my genes.  And knowing her family, she is probably right.  We are one of those families who believes you can pack at least 40 hours of stuff into a 24 hour day.  And truth be told, I used to be able to manage that.  I would never stop, during commercials I would jump up to wash dishes, and while watching tv...fold laundry.  It just made sense to me.  I kept a notebook on my bedside table to write lists for the next day.  Over the past few months I have slowly slowed down.  But these past few days have reminded me how crazy my life used to be!  It all began when...

Tim came home from work the other day with a donut on his car because his tire blew out.  Of course me being the wonderful wife I am, I offered to take it to Walmart in Massillon.  Chan and I headed out.  On the way, I encountered a lovely man driving his truck.  (not really lovely!)  He was irate over how I did not pass a garbage truck but instead waited for the oncoming semi to pass first.  Silly Girl Driver!  He proceeded to pull up next to me and yell horrible things at me.  At a stop light, he continued his screaming.  He then drove next to me and we landed at another stop light, where he proceeded to yell.  After that light he took off.  I have to say I was a bit upset! I have never experienced Road Rage like that.  I just prayed for him, because obviously his day was way worse than mine.

We arrived at Walmart to find they did not have my tires.  But they found out that Tusc Walmart did.  So I drove over.  After waiting an hour they called me back to tell me they did not have a machine to get my tire off of the rim, but the good news was Massillon did!  AAAHHH!  They told me I could buy the tires and drive back to Massillon but they would be closed tonight.  I had Chan, and Tim's car is tiny. I declined and left.

Thursday was busy because both dogs were going to the groomers, and we had a home school co-op picnic at our house.  Then I had to pick up dogs, get them home and go to a doc appointment.  So no time for tires.  The good news was I managed to pull almost everything off even though I felt really crummy.  I had just dropped off dogs and was heading to doctor office.  I saw that I was going to be 10 minutes late, so I called them.  Sadly they were not ok with this, and made me reschedule.  I cried all the way home because I really needed to go.

Friday morning started out early.  I headed out to get this tire!  I put Chan in Tim's car, threw my purse on the front seat and locked the door.  I walked around to the driver door...ugh I locked the baby and keys in the car!!!I tried to get Chan to open door.  No luck!  Called the Sheriff and they sent the fire department.  Apparently it was a slow day because they sent an ambulance, a large fire engine, and the chief.  Good thing because Tim's car is very hard to break into.  They tried everything, and finally told me they needed to break a window.  I panicked as I thought of Tim seeing the broken window.  Then one suggested using a wire coat hanger which I just happened to have.  Voila, it worked and my baby was free!  But the poor little guy had worked himself up so much he threw up!  He was super excited to see the engine and all the fire men though!

After this ordeal we headed out again to get the tire.  And Success!  We were supposed to meet my dear friend Jen.  Poor Chan was kinda worn out, so he went with grandma. I took the older one's to meet Jen for ice cream.  We then decided to check out the Jackson Bog.  We had not been there before and did not realize you hiked into the bog.  I love hiking!  But when my right leg does not work very well, not the best idea.  Oh and not to mention we had flip flops on, no water and it was 90 degrees!  So the bog was super cool but I had to drag my leg back.  :)  Afterwards we picked up my mom and headed back to my house to make goodies for my mom's church festival.  My mom's oven broke and she needed to borrow mine.  Plus the kids wanted to cover pretzels with chocolate.  Several hours later I literally crawled into bed.

Today started off fairly normal with no big plans, except a trip to the grocery.  My mom calls me and asks if I have seen her car keys. (yes this does run in my family!  It truly is an illness!)  I told her no, but I would check my van.  While searching my van, I did find her house keys but no van keys.  She was frantic because she needed to get up to the church to help set up for festival and she had errands to run.  I told her I would come and get her.  So the kids and I piled in the van.  We helped set up at the church, and then took my mom to run her errands.  I was on my way to drop my mom off.  Tim calls me...frantic.  His car was overheating and he needed to get to work.  He pulled off the highway at an auto zone in Canton.  My mom has AAA.  So we drove straight there.  We took car seats out of van, and into car.  Mom called the tow truck and I assured Tim he was not abandoning us.  While AAA was on the way, I called my Julie!  Of course she would come rescue us from the Auto Zone parking lot! While we waited for the car to get loaded, Chan and Brooke took in all that was happening.  I sent the car to a friends house to be repaired.  I could not get a hold of them, so I am still praying they do not mind it came there and will not be completely furious with me.  Julie came and brought us home and my dad came to get my mom.  My mom went home and called AAA to come unlock her van in hopes her keys might be locked in.  We have plans to go to the grocery and festival tomorrow.  And that is a day in the life of me....

No comments:

Post a Comment